I really cannot express how humbled and excited I am to be selected to the USA Basketball Women's Pan American Games team. What an incredible opportunity and honor, I am really just so thankful. This is the start to an amazing summer and a once in a lifetime opportunity. But first, off to Italy with @novawbb !
Rising Villanova senior Caroline Coyer has been named to the 12-member roster for the 2015 U.S. Pan American Women’s Basketball Team.
As a junior, Coyer averaged 13.4 points, 5.3 boards, and 4.4 assists per game en route to being named the Big East First Team.
The U.S. Pan American Women’s Basketball Team players and coaches will return to Colorado on July 3 for the start of training camp and will depart for the competition in Toronto, Canada, on July 8. The 2015 Pan American Games women’s basketball competition will take place July 16-20.
The USA women have been placed into Group A and will take on Brazil on July 16, Dominican Republic on July 17 and Puerto Rico on July 18 in the preliminary round. Competing in Group B will be Argentina, Canada, Cuba and Venezuela.
- Linnae Harper (Kentucky/Chicago, Ill.)
- Moriah Jefferson(Connecticut/Glenn Heights, Texas)
- Stephanie Mavunga (North Carolina/Brownsburg, Ind.)
- Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina/Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kelsey Plum (Washington/Poway, Calif.)
- Taya Reimer(Notre Dame/Fishers, Ind.)
- Breanna Stewart (Connecticut/North Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Sophie Brunner (Arizona State/Freeport, Ill.)
- Alaina Coates (South Carolina/Irmo, S.C.)
- Caroline Coyer (Villanova/Oak Hill, Va.)
- Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (Maryland/Aliquippa, Pa.)
- Courtney Williams (Texas A&M/Houston, Texas)