It's baaaaaaaaaaaack! Villanova-Georgetown, really the last legacy rivalry game remaining for Villanova in the new-age Big East will grace your television screens this afternoon. After a very confusing and poor OOC portion of the schedule. the Hoyas have looked downright competent in the early going of the Big East.
(It should be noted that wins over DePaul, Marquette, DePaul again and St. John's while losing at Creighton isn't great. But it is competent.)
Villanova has looked fantastic since a road loss at Virginia, and is riding a 20-game Big East winning streak in to the Verizon Center? The last team to beat the 'Cats? You guessed it, Georgetown in a romp on January 19th last season. If Villanova can pull off the win, they will have gone a full calendar year without losing in conference play (their next game is January 20th at Seton Hall).
It's a rivalry game, so throw those records out the window. This should be a fantastic game.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 1:00pm ET. The game will be aired on CBS.
Odds: OddsShark doesn't yet have a line on the game.
Radio: All Villanova Men's Basketball games air live on radio in the Philadelphia market on 610 WIP. Westwood One will also air coverage of the game - check your local listings, or you can use a radio app such as Tune.in.
Live Video Stream: No live stream will be available (get your act together, CBS!)
GAMEDAY EVENTS & GAMEWATCHES
- Pregame Reception (SOLD OUT): 10:30 a.m., Clyde's of Gallery Place (Piedmont Room), 707 7th St. NW, Washington, DC. Cost is $20/person and includes brunch food and cash bar ($10 for children under the age of 12). Athletics Director Mark Jackson will speak.
- Atlanta: 1 p.m., Horseshoe Bend Country Club, 2100 Steeplechase Ln., Roswell, GA
- Austin: 11:30 a.m., Gino's East (upstairs private dining area), 214 E. 6th St., Austin, TX
- Baltimore: 1 p.m., The Valley Inn (in the Oyster Room), 10501 Falls Rd., Lutherville-Timonium, MD
- Boston: 1 p.m., Warehouse, 40 Broad St., Boston, MA
- Charlotte: 1 p.m., Hickory Tavern, 2005 E. Arbors Dr., Charlotte, NC
- Chicago: Noon, Derby Bar & Grill, 1224 W. Webster Ave., Chicago, IL
- Colorado: 11 a.m., Echo Brewing-Erie, 600 Briggs St, Erie, CO
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Dallas location): Noon, Sherlock's Baker Street Pub, 9100 N. Central Expy., Dallas, TX
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Fort Worth location): Noon, Trinity River Taphouse, 2725 W. 7th St., Fort Worth, TX
- Greater Hampton Roads: 1 p.m., Cypress Point Country Club, 5340 Club Head Rd., Virginia Beach, VA
- Greater Jacksonville/North Florida: 1 p.m., Latitude 360, 10370 Phillips Hwy., Jacksonville, FL.
- Hartford (New Haven location): 1 p.m., Buffalo Wild Wings, 74-76 Church St., New Haven, CT
- Lancaster/Central PA: 12:30 p.m., Arooga's Sports Bar, 125 S Centerville Rd, Lancaster, PA. Chapter meeting starts at 12:30 for anyone interested in helping support the group.
- Lehigh Valley: 1 p.m., Copperhead Grille, 1371 Airport Rd., Allentown, PA
- Los Angeles: 10 a.m., World Surf League, 147 Bay St., Santa Monica, CA
- Manhattan (2 locations): 1 p.m., Proper West, 54 W. 39th St., New York, NY and 1 p.m., Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Click here to view Proper West drink specials and click here to view Gramercy food and drink specials.
- Monmouth/Ocean: 1 p.m., Fair Haven Knights Of Columbus, 200 Fair Haven Rd., Fair Haven, NJ
- Naples: 12:30 p.m., Tavern on the Bay, 489 Bayfront Pl., Naples, FL.
- North Carolina Triangle: 1 p.m., Rally Point Sports Grill, 1837 N. Harrison Ave., Cary, NC
- Northern California: 10 a.m., The Brickyard, 1787 Union St., San Francisco, CA
- Northern New Jersey (Hoboken location): 1, p.m., Mills Tavern, 125 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ
- Northern New Jersey (Ridgewood location): 1 p.m., Park West Tavern, 30 Oak St., Ridgewood, NJ
- Orange County: 10 a.m., Island Hotel, 690 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA
- Palm Beach: 1 p.m., Duffy's Sports Grill of PGA Blvd. and U.S. 1, 11588 U.S. Hwy. 1, North Palm Beach, FL
- San Diego: 10 a.m., Home & Away, 2222 San Diego Ave., San Diego, CA
- South Florida: 1 p.m., Bokampers Sports Bar & Grill, 3115 NE 32nd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Southern New Jersey: 12:30 p.m., Dooney's Pub & Restaurant, 1361 Fairview Blvd., Delran, NJ
- Tampa: 1 p.m., TBD
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Bourbon or Gin Rickey
The game is in D.C. so let's embrace the culture and try out their signature drink. I've actually never had this but I've heard good things from my friends who live there. The original Rickey uses bourbon (I've got some Four Roses in my cabinet and it's freezing in Atlanta so I'll be using that), but since I know there was a boisterous and proud gin crowd in the gamethread the other go ahead and create the more commonly known Rickey as well. Simply pour, squeeze a half a lime in and top it off with sparkling water. You're good to go.
By the way, for all you gin drinkers the other night. I better not find out you're drinking Bulldog Gin. Don't get near anything resembling a Hoya today.