After their destruction of Xavier at the Pavilion, Villanova has a tough task ahead of them with a quick turnaround trip to Omaha to take on Creighton. The CenturyLink Center is sold out, which means 17,000 fans will greet the Wildcats looking to spoil their start to the Big East season.
Jay Wright constantly refers to it as the toughest place to play in the conference, and it certainly has been tough on Villanova. They were torched there by Doug McDermott two years ago, and needed some Ryan Arcidiacono heroics to escape with a narrow win last season against an weakened Bluejays squad.
While Creighton is expected to be in the lower half of the conference this season, they're going to be a tough out. Both schools will put their 1-0 conference records on the line Saturday night.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 10:00pm ET. The game will be aired on Fox Sports 1.
Odds: OddsShark reports the game opened at Villanova -6.5 with the line moving to -7 as of Friday night.
Radio: All Villanova Men's Basketball games air live on radio in the Philadelphia market on 610 WIP. Westwood One will also air coverage of the game - check your local listings, or you can use a radio app such as Tune.in.
Live Video Stream: FoxSportsGO will have the game available online.
Mobile App: FoxSportsGO is your go-to app tonight.
GAMEDAY EVENTS & GAMEWATCHES
- Pregame Reception and Team Sendoff: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. CST. Team sendoff will take place at 6:30 in the lobby of the Hilton Omaha, 1001 Cass St., Omaha, NE. Reception will follow at The Old Mattress Factory (Across the street from the Hilton and Century Link Center), 501 N. 13th St., Omaha, NE. Athletics Director Mark Jackson will speak at approximately 7:15. Cost: $25/person for burger bar, snacks and two drink tickets. Please click here to register.
- Hotel Accommodations: The Residence Inn - Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area (located very close to the CenturyLink Center) is offering a special rate of $79/night for Villanova fans attending the game. Rate is available Friday January 1 - Monday January 4.Click here to book your discounted room today.
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Dallas location): 9 p.m., Sherlock's Baker Street Pub, 9100 N. Central Expy., Dallas, TX
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Fort Worth location): 9 p.m., Trinity River Taphouse, 2725 W. 7th St., Fort Worth, TX
- Los Angeles: 7 p.m., TBD. Contact Branden McBirney for the most up-to-date details.
- Manhattan: 10 p.m., Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Click here to view food and drink specials.
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Guinness (pro tip: buy the cans)
Whenever I'm extremely tired and generally hungover from a long holiday binge of parties, food, and drink this is my go-to beer. And given the late start tonight for us East-coasters it's going to be a bit of a struggle to keep things going. A few well-placed Guinness is the remedy. Crack one or four open and watch the 'Cats claim victory!