Well, that was fast. Just a few days after destroying Lafayette in the season opener by 40, Villanova gets a big test on the road. As part of the annual Gavitt Games they’ll take on #15 Purdue.
The game should present a clash of styles with the Boilermakers trotting out of the best (and biggest) frontcourts in the country. The Wildcats will counter with more of a small-ball approach and try to space the floor.
Given the results for both schools on opening night this looks like it has the potential to be a great game.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 7:00pm ET. The game will be televised on the Big Ten Network.
If you’re looking for this mysterious channel - here’s a useful guide to see what cable providers carry it in your area.
Live Video Stream: BTN2GO will stream the game, but you will need login information from your cable provider to access it.
GAMEDAY EVENTS & GAMEWATCHES
Pregame Meetup and Team Sendoff: 4:30 pm - Hilton Garden Inn, 356 E. State St., West Lafayette, IN. Registration is not required and all alumni, families and friends are welcome!
Sendoff will be in the hotel lobby at 4:30. Meetup will take place at the Garden Grille & Bar. Full menu and cash bar available.
Click here for more information about the hotel. Attendees are asked to park in the Wabash Landing Parking Garage directly behind the hotel.
- Atlanta: Whitehall Tavern, Peachtree Battle, 2391 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA
- Baltimore: The Rowhouse Grille, 1400 Light St., Baltimore, MD
- Hilton Head: Drydock, 840 William Hilton Pkwy., Hilton Head Island, SC
- New England: Warehouse Bar & Grille, 40 Broad St., Boston, MA
- North Central Jersey: Sona 13, 13 South St., Morristown, NJ
- NYC: Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Read about our food/drink specials, social media prizes and text alerts.
- NYC (Classes 1995-2005): 6 pm - Park Avenue Tavern, 99 Park Ave., New York, NY. Register here
- Rochester, NY: Jeremiah's Tavern, 2164 Fairport Nine Mile Point Rd., Penfield, NY
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Tropicalia IPA (Creature Comforts)
Monday night, so going with a no liquor rule for myself but definitely still need that extra boost so it’ll an IPA that I’ve taken a liking too in recent months.