Daniel Ochefu is definitely out for Villanova vs. Creighton, but the Wildcats will like their chances against the Bluejays in the Pavilion on Wednesday night. Though 'Nova looked sloppy at times vs. St. John's, Darryl Reynolds, Kris Jenkins and Josh Hart have looked willing to pick up the slack down low with the big man out.
Creighton is playing for their NCAA Tournament lives after losing two straight to fellow bubble teams Georgetown and Seton Hall. They might be without their starting center Geoffrey Groselle as well, but Maurice Watson is more than capable of carrying the team to a victory.
With a trip to Providence on deck for the 'Cats - and Ochefu's concussion protocol still ongoing - they can't afford to look ahead.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 8:00pm ET. The game will be aired on CBS Sports Network.
Odds: OddsShark reports the game opened at Villanova -12.5.
Radio: All Villanova Men's Basketball games air live on radio in the Philadelphia market on 610 WIP. Westwood One will also air coverage of the game - check your local listings, or you can use a radio app such as Tune.in.
Live Video Stream: CBS doesn't have their act together :(
GAMEDAY EVENTS & GAMEWATCHES
- Greater Princeton (Newtown location): 8 p.m. Green Parrot, 240 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA
- Greater Princeton (North Brunswick location): 8 p.m., Buffalo Wild Wings, 2241 U.S. Hwy. 1, North Brunswick Township, NJ
- Los Angeles: 5 p.m., TBD
- Manhattan: 8 p.m., Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Click here to view food and drink specials.
- Monmouth/Ocean (Sea Girt location): 8 p.m., Rod's Olde Irish Tavern, 507 Washington Blvd., Sea Girt, NJ
- Monmouth/Ocean (Red Bank location): 8 p.m., Brannigan's Bar & Grill, 14 Wharf Ave., Red Bank, NJ
Events updated on Villanova.edu
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Going back to one of my staples. I'm oddly nervous about this game having just seen the 'Cats live for the first time. So nothing better than a stiff cocktail to numb my feelings.
I've got some Bulleit handy in my house. I've seen people say you actually want to measure out the bourbon, vermouth and bitters but that's no fun. More bourbon, less vermouth, less bitters. You'll have more fun this way.