At 14-9 (4-6), the Providence Friars are still looking at an outside shot to qualify as an at-large team for the NCAA Tournament. What they lack are quality wins, and they’ll have a chance to get their first big one when the Villanova Wildcats visit on Wednesday night.
These two teams met about a week and a half ago at the Wells Fargo Center with the ‘Cats holding the Friars at arm’s length for most of the night, securing a 78-68 victory.
Josh Hart was Josh Hart that night, while the ‘Cats held Kyron Cartwright mostly in check. Coach Ed Cooley has lobbied the the Dunkin’ Donuts Center crowd to get loud this week, so expect the usual hostile atmosphere in Providence.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 7:00pm ET. The game will be televised on FS1.
Live Video Stream: FoxSports GO will have a live stream of the game.
- Pregame Meetup & Team Sendoff
Arrive by 4:30 pm for the sendoff. Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel - 5 Avenue of the Arts, Providence, RI. Meetup will take place in the Public Kitchen & Bar. Registration is not required and all are welcome!
Not going to the game? Stick around at Public Kitchen & Bar to watch the game and get a free flatbread.
- Baltimore: High Topps, 2306 York Road, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
- Central Jersey: Brickhouse Tavern and Tap, 3569 U.S. Hwy. 1, Princeton, NJ
- Greater Hampton Roads: Marker 20, 21 E. Queens Way, Hampton, VA. RSVP to Frank Driscoll.
- Greater Philadelphia (Center City location): Field House, 1150 Filbert St., Philadelphia, PA. Food and drink specials available.
- Greater Philadelphia (King of Prussia location): Tilted Kilt (2nd floor), 826 W. Dekalb Pk., King of Prussia, PA. RSVP to Jamie Yannacone.
- Greater Washington DC: Parlay Sports Bar & Lounge, 1827 M St. NW, Washington, DC. Happy hour begins at 5:30
- Hilton Head: Drydock, 840 William Hilton Pkwy., Hilton Head Island, SC
- Lehigh Valley: Florence Italian Grille, 234 Sycamore Road, Breinigsville, PA.
- Northern New Jersey: Village Pourhouse, 205 1st St., Hoboken, NJ
- NYC: Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Read about our food/drink specials, social media prizes and text alerts.
- NYC (Classes 1980-1995): Latitude Bar & Lounge (3rd floor), 783 8th Ave., New York, NY. RSVP to Mary Ellen Cull
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
At this point we’re just pouring through the 10ish (not kidding) bottles of Jameson I received for my birthday last year. A good mix, but I do enjoy this blend quite a bit more than the standard blend.