The big day is finally here! The Villanova Wildcats begin their quest to repeat as National Champions in Buffalo where they’ll take on the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers in primetime with Uncle Verne on the call!
The Mount won a play-in game in the First Four to earn the right to play the reigning champs, but they’ll be heavy underdogs. No 16-seed has ever upset a 1-seed, and this probably won’t be the first time it happens.
The Mount are a dangerous bunch though. They won the double in the NEC this year and Elijah Long, Junior Robinson and Miles Wilson are quality players. Villanova can’t sleepwalk through this one, but given their focus level we shold expect the opposite.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 7:10pm ET. The game will be televised on CBS.
Live Video Stream: NCAA.com
4:30p ET Thursday, March 16 at the Hyatt Regency Buffalo - Mix and mingle with Villanova alumni and fans, and greet the Wildcats on their way to the game.
- Baltimore: The Rowhouse Grille, 1400 Light St., Baltimore, MD
- Central Connecticut: The Tavern Downtown, 201 Ann Uccello St., Hartford, CT
- Charlotte: Dilworth Neighborhood Grille (Morehead Room), 911 E. Morehead St., Charlotte, NC
- Chicago: Derby Bar & Grill, 1224 W. Webster Ave., Chicago, IL
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom, 5319 E. Mockingbird Ln. #100, Dallas, TX
- Delaware: Cafe Riviera, Concord Mall, 4737 Concord Pk. #340, Wilmington, DE
- Fairfield/Westchester (2 locations):
Stamford: Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery Cafe, 225 Main St., Stamford, CT
White Plains: Bob Hyland's Sports Page Pub, White Plains Mall, 200 Hamilton Ave #2, White Plains, NY
- Greater Hampton Roads: Hampton Yacht Club, 4707 Victoria Blvd., Hampton, VA. RSVP to Frank Driscoll.
- Greater Philadelphia (2 locations):
Center City: Field House, 1150 Filbert St., Philadelphia, PA. Food/drink specials available.
King of Prussia: Tilted Kilt (2nd Floor), 826 W. Dekalb Pk., King of Prussia, PA. Food/drink specials available. RSVP to Jamie Yannacone.
- Greater Washington DC: Parlay Sports Bar & Lounge, 1827 M St. NW, Washington, DC
- Hilton Head: Drydock, 840 William Hilton Pkwy., Hilton Head Island, SC
- Houston: Beer Market Co, 920 Studemont St. #900, Houston, TX
- Jersey Shore (2 locations):
Belmar: Anchor Tavern, 713 Main St., Belmar, NJ
Rumson: Surf BBQ, 132 E. River Rd., Rumson, NJ
- Lehigh Valley: 1760 Pub 'n Grille, 1176 Trexlertown Rd., Trexlertown, PA 18087
- Long Island (2 locations):
- Los Angeles: The Garage, 3387 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA
- New England (Boston location): Warehouse Bar & Grille, 40 Broad St., Boston, MA
- New York City (2 locations): Food/drink specials, social media prizes and text alerts available at both locations.
The Australian - 20 W. 38th St
Gramercy Ale House - 272 3rd Ave.
- North Central Jersey: Sona 13, 13 South St. #2, Morristown, NJ
- Northern California (2 locations):
Palo Alto: The Patio, 412 Emerson St., Palo Alto, CA
San Francisco: Pete's Tavern, 128 King St., San Francisco, CA
- Northern New Jersey (3 locations):
- Hoboken: Village Pourhouse, 205 1st St., Hoboken, NJ. Drink specials available.This location will also host a pregame reception that requires pre-registration the day before.
- Montclair: Egan & Sons, 118 Walnut St., Montclair, NJ
- Ridgewood: The Office Beer Bar & Grill, 32-34 Chestnut St., Ridgewood, NJ. Food/drink specials available.
- Orange County: Island Hotel, 690 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA
- Palm Beach: Duffy's Sports Grill, Shoppes of Oakbrook, 11588 U.S. Hwy. 1, North Palm Beach, FL
- Phoenix: Social Tap, 4312 N. Brown Ave., Scottsdale, AZ
- Puerto Rico: CasaBlanca Neighborhood Grill, 402 Calle Sirio (Altamira) San Juan, PR.
- Sarasota: Livingston's Amusement Center, 5947 Clark Center Ave., Sarasota, FL. RSVP to Tony Sellitto.
- Tampa Bay: Tates Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, 3342 S. West Shore Blvd., Tampa, FL. RSVP to Frank Gassler.
Official Villanova St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- When: 3-5p Friday, March 17
- Where: Templeton Landing
- Click to register.
Play Along in FireFan
College hoops is now in the free predictive sports app
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
SweetWater Brewery’s finest
Slow and steady wins the race on the first day of March Madness, especially with the holiest of holidays (I wish I was still young) tomorrow. SweetWater has a couple new beers I’ve wanted to try.
(But we might ramp it up for the ‘Nova game!)