The Villanova Wildcats are looking very good for a favorable NCAA Tournament draw, but that won’t slow them down in New York. A year after a heartbreaking loss to Seton Hall (it all worked out okay in the end), the ‘Cats Senior class will surely want to bring home another Big East Tournament title.
A good draw - the ‘Cats will avoid Butler and Providence (currently red-hot) until the finals means they’re the heavy favorites in New York City.
They’ll take on the St. John’s Red Storm after the Johnnies won a thriller over the Georgetown Hoyas on Wednesday night. The game was a heated affair with a late second half flare up bringing back memories of the 80s Big East. With the win, they’ll be in a buoyant mood for Thursday afternoon.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 12:00pm ET. The game will be televised on FS1.
Live Video Stream: FoxSportsGO will have the live stream.
The Villanova University Club of New York City will host meetups before and after every Villanova game at 2 locations:
- Proper West - 54 W. 39th St.
- Gramercy Ale House - 272 3rd. Ave
Pre-game meetups will begin 2 hours prior to tipoff. Post-game meetups will end 2 hours after the conclusion of the game. Click here to view food/drinks specials for each location. Specials will be available from the beginning of the pre-game meetups through the end of the post-game meetups. For post-game meetups at both locations, bring your game ticket to receive a free drink.
The InterContinental New York Times Square will also host meetups 2 hours prior to each Villanova game in the Lobby Bar.
CLUB GAME WATCHES
- Greater Philadelphia (Rosemont location): Gullifty's, Rosemont Square, 1149 Lancaster Ave., Rosemont, PA. RSVP to Jamie Yannacone.
- Hilton Head: Drydock, 840 William Hilton Pkwy., Hilton Head Island, SC
- Lehigh Valley: Boston's Restaurant & Sports Bar, 327 Star Rd., Allentown, PA
- New York City (2 locations): Gramercy Ale House (272 3rd. Ave) and Proper West (54 W. 39th St.). Food/drink specials, social media prizes and text alerts available.
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Shortest line in MSG
I’ll be inside the World’s Most Famous Arena for Thursday’s quarterfinal action before I head back home Atlanta-way. So whatever line’s short (beer) is what we’ll be having!