After two straight years in the Gavitt Games - the annual series between the Big East and Big Ten - your Villanova Wildcats will sit out this year’s event.
Jon Rothstein first posted the Gavitt Games schedule on FanRag Sports. Here it is for your convenience.
- Nov. 13th: Minnesota Golden Gophers at Providence Friars
- Nov. 14th: Purdue Boilermakers at Marquette Golden Eagles
- Nov. 15th: Butler Bulldogs at Maryland Terrapins
- Nov. 15th: Creighton Bluejays at Northwestern Wildcats
- Nov. 15th: Indiana Hoosiers at Seton Hall Pirates
- Nov. 16th: Xavier Musketeers at Wisconsin Badgers,
- Nov. 16th: Nebraska Cornhuskers at St. John’s Red Storm
- Nov. 17th: DePaul Blue Demons at Illinois Fighting Illini
Not exactly the sexiest of schedules, but there are some outstanding NBA decisions that could change things. Minnesota and Providence has some potential, as does Xavier and Wisconsin. The rest is pretty crap, if you ask me.
Villanova and Georgetown are sitting out for the Big East, while Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers and Iowa are sitting out for the Big Ten.
At this point, we believe Villanova just has one unannounced game for next season’s non-conference schedule. While the official schedule will not be out until later this summer or fall, it’s likely that this final game will be a low-to-mid-major game given the ‘Cats participation in the Battle 4 Atlantis, Gonzaga at Madison Square Garden and the road trip to Connecticut.