The CAA released their weekly awards list, and Villanova Wildcats quarterback John Robertson was named the Offensive Player of the Week after he starred in the 'Cats come-from-behind home victory over the James Madison Dukes. Robertson, playing with a broken bone in his non-throwing hand, tied a career-high with 4 passing touchdowns while finishing 22-27 for 337 yards and 0 INTs.
The full list of awards is below.
Offensive Player of the Week: John Robertson | QB | Villanova
- Went 22-of-27 for a career-high 337 yards in Villanova's victory over JMU.
- Also matched a career-high with four touchdown throws.
- Completed 15-straight passes to open the game.
Defensive Player of the Week: Odell Benton | LB | Elon
- Recorded five tackles in Elon's win against Charlotte, including a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery on the 49ers' second play from scrimmage.
- Intercepted a pass with Charlotte driving late in the fourth quarter, helping Elon hold its lead.
- Becomes the first CAA Football Player of the Week in Elon history.
Special Teams Player of the Week: Patrick Toole | PK | UAlbany
- Connected on three of four field goals and all four extra points in UAlbany's road win against Rhode Island.
- The field goals came from 46 yards and a pair of 23-yard kicks.
- His three made field goals tied a Great Danes single-game record.
Rookie of the Week: Josh Gontarek | WR | UAlbany
- Totaled 103 all-purpose yards as UAlbany improved its record to 3-0.
- Finished with a team-best 87 yards on nine receptions, including a nine-yard touchdown – the first of his career.
- Returned one kickoff for 16 yards.