The CAA released it's weekly award winners on Monday, and in what is becoming a Monday-morning ritual, Villanova quarterback John Robertson was named the Offensive Player of the Week. Robertson played just one half of Saturday's 44-21 victory over Rhode Island, but still managed to finish 13-16 for 189 yards and 4 touchdowns. He added 61 yards rushing.
The performance marked the 4th straight week that Robertson has thrown for 4 touchdowns. The full list of honorees is below.
Offensive Player of the Week
John Robertson | QB | Villanova
- Rushed eight times for a game-high 61 yards.
- The performance marked his fourth-straight with four touchdown passes.
Defensive Player of the Week
Brandon Lee | DL | James Madison
- Recorded five tackles, three tackles-for-loss, two sacks and a pass breakup for JMU against Towson.
- Also forced three fumbles in the win, two of which resulted in Towson turnovers.
- His second forced fumble was returned by Dukes teammate Rhakeem Stallings for a touchdown.
Special Teams Player of the Week
Ryan Farrell | LB/LS | New Hampshire
- With no score in the top-10 showdown, he blocked a William & Mary punt that set up New Hampshire's first touchdown.
- Also added three tackles on special teams in the Wildcats' convincing victory.
Rookie of the Week
Jimmy Moreland | CB | James Madison
- Tallied four tackles in JMU's dominant win over Towson.
- Blocked a first-quarter Towson field goal attempt, which eventually led to a JMU touchdown.
- Later in the first half, returned an interception 26 yards for another Dukes score.